heh-heh, stars to collect 🙂
Clearly, this page relates to past awarding bodies, some of which may no longer be around, but a quick search on your favourite search engine will find those still giving awards and maybe some new ones. The words here were correct at the time of writing. I no longer accept awards, time runs away with me, but I’m happy to leave these pages for those of you who find them of interest – most of the links remain ‘live’ but inevitably there will be those no longer available.
The ‘Blog of the Year Award’, unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different …
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award.
Every time you are given the award by another blog you can add another star.
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs ~ even if they have already been given the award by someone else, you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars.
Some of these great bloggers may not choose to accept awards, but I want to recognise them for the part they have played in inspiring me ~ follow the links, I’m sure you too will enjoy their talents.
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Link to the awarding body e.g., WebAwards and include the following ‘rules’ in your post (you’ll find details of all requirements on the relevant webpage of the awarding body)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 Generally, as a winner of the award, you’ll be asked to add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award and then display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars
I haven’t seen the ‘I love your blog’ award before. This sort of thing comes around from time to time and I have mixed feelings about them. I always appreciate the kindness of whoever has thought of my blog for such awards yet am aware that when we pass them on, not everyone feels the same way. It’s obvious that they can be quite time-consuming … most people I know are always chasing time.
So I will ‘play the game’ and nominate seven bloggers, whose blogs I love, for this award, and know that they’ll either carry it on or do the other thing! I shall leave a note about ‘the rules’ at the base of this blog.
There are many blogs here on WordPress that I really love to read. Here are just a few of my favorites. Please take a moment to give them a read.
If you’re nominated, you are supposed to:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (as shown above).
3) Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
My thanks to both David and Danny for nominating me for the ‘Seven Things About Me Award’. You must be joking guys! What can I say? Well, really, what can I say except thank you and here goes, since you insist 🙂
1. One of my first memories is of my mother saying I would probably be a switchboard operator because I memorised and used our new phone number way before either she or my dad did! (yes, these were the days of four digit phone numbers and party lines!) Suffice it to say, I never did become a switchboard operator.
2. I have been reading and writing since memory began and adore doing both.
3. I am unable to, like David, give you details of a story that you’ve seen, as I am still, after 25 years, working on a fantasy that was started in writing class in the 80s! But, oh boy, when it’s finished … it’ll be a best seller! Oh yeah 🙂
4. Like Danny, I love all things ‘art’. Creativity is ‘it’ for me. Poetry is for me … I always return to rhythm and rhyme as my preferred way …
5. It feels wonderful to see my poems being read. I’ve enjoyed being published by Brian Wrixon in the various anthologies by Poets with Voices Strong, and it was a grand surprise to find my poem ‘Morning Town Ride’ as one of the final six in the recent dVerse competition for Nain Rouge. I’m so looking forward to the Ripples: Friends in Verse anthology later this year in which my poetry features, big thanks to Jackie Summers. It’s been great to take part in poetry workshops with Sally J. Blackmore.
Thank you , thank you, thank you all so much.
6. Thank you to everyone who visits my blog – I encourage all to go to their local performance poetry, open mic, events, it’s a good thing to meet other like-minded people and share.
7. Thank you again to David and Danny – new blogs from each of you are always looked forward to, and there are so many others I enjoy too – you’ll find evidence of this all over my Awards pages.
23/08/2012 at 18:53
heh-heh … glad you found it Danny 🙂
23/08/2012 at 21:14
Thank you so much for nominating me Polly. Really appreciated. I used to do these awards but did discover then they never end! LOL Not trying to brag but, I just found it all too much like hard work…But, thank you so much anyway 🙂
23/08/2012 at 21:22
heh-heh … no probs Bren … can see what you mean … like I said, some do, some don’t, it’s all fine with me 🙂
24/08/2012 at 00:24
So deserved, your writing is inspiring. 🙂
24/08/2012 at 06:38
You’re pretty cool yourself 😉
24/08/2012 at 11:02
Thank you for mentioning the workshop Polly – it was great that you could come along. Your poem attracted much enthusiastic feedback and I know the others will be emailing you. Our form at this week’s session was the mostly forgotten Englyn…! Well done with this award! You are so successful and it is much deserved.
24/08/2012 at 11:06
It was a great workshop, both Lucy and I really enjoyed it Sally and we’ll be back (!)
Nice to see the poem was well-received, I’ll look forward to hearing from the others 🙂
Now you know I can’t resist looking up the form you’re all writing about this week, I confess I’ve never heard of Englyn, but I shall go and find out 🙂
Thank you for your kind comments ~ hope all is well with you x
22/11/2012 at 14:03
Hi I hope you don’t mind – but I have nominated you for ‘The Blog of the Year Award 2012’. The details are on my page at http://worldlywinds.com/2012/11/22/blog-of-the-year-2012/
If you do not participate in the awards system then I apologise for inconveniencing you – and please feel free to accept or decline as you wish. I just wanted to say thank you for following my ramblings and thank you for inspiring me with your work! Alex 🙂
22/11/2012 at 16:50
How kind of you, Alex, thank you ~ I’ll be sure to pass this lovely award on in due course 🙂
14/12/2012 at 08:07
Polly, thanking you again for nominating me for two awards***blushing madly***
I don’t pass them on any longer, but I will post a thank-you post on my blog later on today, after my snooze. You are a wonderful woman and poet, and I am so thrilled you thought of me!
14/12/2012 at 08:17
Love that you’re *blushing madly*, I so look forward to your posts, Susan, and only regret that time precludes me commenting on all of them. I do my best and hope that this makes up for those that I miss xx
14/12/2012 at 08:20
It does! Your reading is so appreciated, and I love your comments.
14/12/2012 at 10:17
Why thanks a lot Polly I appreciate your nominating me for these awards. I have my own way of saying thanks, the tribute poem, which is well due another airing. I best get cracking!
14/12/2012 at 10:38
Ooh! I shall look forward to seeing it, Joe 🙂
15/12/2012 at 11:54
smiles..thank you …and just love that hubs and you write that fantasy together since you met at writing class…how cool is that….
15/12/2012 at 11:55
motivation is the key, Claudia … and one day maybe we’ll be motivated at the same time! 🙂
15/12/2012 at 23:14
Congratulations!!! Richly deserved! (When is the next book coming out??)
16/12/2012 at 05:54
27/12/2012 at 20:30
Hello Polly – I have received my final star for the 2012 Blog of the Year, and I just wanted to pay it forward to your fabulous blog. Thank you for your friendliness, encouragement and inspiration – Happy New Year! – Oh and I have added a lovely link to your lovely book hehe 🙂
27/12/2012 at 20:34
heh-heh … lovely !! And thank you 🙂
23/01/2013 at 20:43
Please join me in a coffee morning 🙂