heh-heh, stars to collect
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once ~ this award is different …
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award.
Every time you are given the award by another blog you can add another star.
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs ~ even if they have already been given the award by someone else, you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars.
Some of these great bloggers may not choose to accept awards, but I want to recognise them for the part they have played in inspiring me ~ follow the links, I’m sure you too will enjoy their talents.
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award and include these ‘rules’ in your post
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award, please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award and then display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars
My thanks to David at The Noise of Silence for the ‘I love your blog’ nomination ~ I love your blog too, David
I haven’t seen this award before. This sort of thing comes around from time to time and I have mixed feelings about them. I always appreciate the kindness of whoever has thought of my blog for such awards yet am aware that when we pass them on, not everyone feels the same way. It’s obvious that they can be quite time-consuming … most people I know are always chasing time.
So I will ‘play the game’ and nominate seven bloggers, whose blogs I love, for this award, and know that they’ll either carry it on or do the other thing! I shall leave a note about ‘the rules’ at the base of this blog.
Along with David’s The Noise of Silence blog, there are several other blogs here on WordPress that I really love to read. Here are just a few of my favorites. Please take a moment to give them a read.
If you’re nominated, you are supposed to:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (as shown above).
3) Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
My thanks to both David and Danny for nominating me for the ‘Seven Things About Me Award’. You must be joking guys! What can I say? Well, really, what can I say except thank you and here goes, since you insist
1. One of my first memories is of my mother saying I would probably be a switchboard operator because I memorised and used our new phone number way before either she or my dad did! (yes, these were the days of four digit phone numbers and party lines!) Suffice it to say, I never did become a switchboard operator.
2. I have been reading and writing since memory began and adore doing both.
3. I am unable to, like David, give you details of a story that you’ve seen, as I am still, after 25 years, working on a fantasy that was started in writing class in the 80s! But, oh boy, when it’s finished … it’ll be a best seller! Oh yeah
4. Like Danny, I love all things ‘art’. Creativity is ‘it’ for me. Poetry is for me … I always return to rhythm and rhyme as my preferred way …
5. It feels wonderful to see my poems being read. I’ve enjoyed being published by Brian Wrixon in the various anthologies by Poets with Voices Strong, and it was a grand surprise to find my poem ‘Morning Town Ride’ as one of the final six in the recent dVerse competition for Nain Rouge. I’m so looking forward to the Ripples: Friends in Verse anthology later this year in which my poetry features, big thanks to Jackie Summers. It was also great to take part in a poetry workshop with Sally J. Blackmore last week. Thank you , thank you, thank you all so much.
6. Thank you to everyone who visits my blog ~ I encourage all to go to their local performance poetry, open mic, events. I go to both Worcestershire LitFest and Fringe‘s SpeakEasy and to 42 regularly as well as the fantastic long-lived Worcester Writers’ Circle and find it’s a good thing to meet other like-minded people and share.
7. Thank you again to David and Danny – new blogs from each of you are always looked forward to, and there are so many others I enjoy too. Some of whom appear below as I now have to bestow the award … (oh no!)
So … you all know that I love to read all the work that comes through on the blogs … and I’ve nominated so many people already with other awards … who? That’s the thing, who? Well, here goes *gulp*
For her most amazing photos of skies, Jenny, a dear friend and ace blogger at Just Photos By Me.
Fairly new to me, the lovely flipside recordswho writes some very interesting poetry.
K.McGee is utterly amazing and will show you poetry forms you may not have seen before.
And if you’ve never been to see Bren at DayDreamerToothen you don’t know what you’ve missed!
Oops! Sorry, I’ve forgotten what else it was I was supposed to do! But I think that’s enough!
So … if you’re new to this, those of you who have received the award, this is what you are asked to do (whether or not you do it is entirely up to you!)
The Rules for the Award are:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated me. ( )
2. Share Seven Things about yourself.
3. Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award, and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.